On the back of your appliance, you will find a label describing the power requirements. You should see a label describing the Wattage (W) or the Amperage (A) of the appliance. Once noted, choose a voltage transformer / converter which can handle a higher amount of wattage then your device is rated at. Certain devices which are motor based may require additional power to start up then indicated (know as Surge), in this case you should generaly add an extra 20% to the power requirements of your device. However some high surge devices have been known to consume 2 or 3 times the wattage indicated. Check out our VOLTAGE CONVERTERS page

To connect a television to a converter you must choose a converter more powerful that what is indicated at the rear of your TV set, because it creates a surge when it is turned on. We would recommend the VC750W for any TV or Monitor.

No you cannot connect an American 220 Volt Dryer or other 220 volt american products to a Transformer. Voltage Transformers are made to convert single phase 110 or 220 volt. American 220 volt consists of 2 phase of 110 volt and European 220 volt consists of 1 phase of 220 volt.

If the label does not specify the wattage, but you know the Amperage (A), you can calculate it using the following formula: Amps (A) * voltage (V) = Watts


3 Amps * 220 volt = 660 watts

3 Amps * 110 volt = 330 watts

Type Amps & Voltage of your Appliance

Type Amps & Voltage of your Appliance

Yes as long as you don’t exceed the Wattage capacity of the voltage converter. A “surge protector” is required. You can find them on this web-site as well.

VC model transformers come with an American-to-European plug adapter GS20 (American input and output of 2 Round pin grounded). You can find additional types of “plug adapters” on the web-site

To view the shipping cost of your order:
1. Choose the products you wish to purchase.
2. Click on check out.
3. Fill in the required information.
4. Click to continue.
5. You will then see your confirmation page with the shipping cost.
6. If you accept the shipping cost, you can then fill in the credit card information and submit your order.

Yes, you can connect it directly to the VC series transformers since they come with a UNIVERSAL outlet which can accept any 220 Volt/50Hz (overseas) plug type except for the South African plug.

All voltage converters only convert the voltage and not the cycle, however most appliances and electronics will function properly with them. North American 110-120 volt electricity is generated at 60 Hz. (Cycles) Alternating Current. Most foreign 220-240 volt electricity is generated at 50 Hz. (Cycles) Alternating Current. This difference in cycles may cause the motor in your 60 Hz. North American appliance to operate slightly slower when used on 50 Hz. foreign electricity. This cycle difference will also cause analog clocks and timing circuits that use Alternating Current as a timing base to keep incorrect time. Most modern electronic equipment including battery chargers, computers, printers, stereos, tape and CD players, VCR/DVD players, etc. will not be affected by the difference in cycles.